Mommy Dreamin

Cautiously expecting sometime in June 2006!!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Further explanation

Temp:
Time Taken:
CD:
DPO:

For those of you that were interested, this will explain what PCOS is.

On the one hand, I feel better knowing my conerns were validated. But on the other, this was totally something I brought on myself (by stress-go figure), and now it may be too late to reverse the process. And actually, if there is a silver lining, it's that I am NOT insulin resistant yet, or glucose intolerant. Which in the article, explains that is very rare. Typically if you have PCOS, you are insulin resistant. So I have this disease in its most basic form I believe, I just need to make some life changes regarding this. The course of action for me, believe it or not, is to see a dietician and come up with a low-carb diet for myself. Having PCOS makes it extremely difficult to lose the weight, but the weight is having a factor in making me stay sick as well. As explained, it is a vicious cycle with loops, twists, and turns and I'm looking for a way to stop it. And I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home